Monday, July 20, 2009

Zip-line - Wheee!




I wish I had more time to post but I've been awfully busy lately.  For the past month or so I have been attempting to try and do one new thing every week.  Last week it was a trip to the H Street district, which we've been meaning to get to for a long time.  This week I was feeling both curious and adventurous and found a place in Maryland that does zip-lining.  I have heard more about ziplining in places far more exotic than right outside of DC (Costa Rica anyone??) but I've never done it before, so why not?? LA agreed to come with me so we experienced the zipline and the giant swing together.  I was somewhat surprised by the adrenaline rush, especially climbing the ladder, crossing the rope ladder, and jumping off!  We enjoyed a nice cool beverage with a new friend immediately after at the Rams Head Tavern and called it a day.  It was the perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon.  
Next time we'll definitely have to go back and try the ropes course - it goes around and up (and up..) four separate levels in all sorts of obstacle paths.  Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment