- a surprise trip to see spring in gettysburg, and visits from dawn, sarah, and warren. all of these visits were wonderful and i am so thankful for these (and other) special people in my life.
- nighttime tour of mount vernon (george washington's estate), sunday runs on the mall, and a trip to the museum of natural history. (if you go there, be sure to check out the nature photography display, it's quite good)
- movie nights, house dinners (i cook, they eat), and late night dance parties at our place. i really enjoy our house - we've been taking advantage of the space and also exploring the neighborhood a little more. there are some great restaurants right down the street allowing me to recently discover an appreciation for belgian beer and cuban cuisine :)
in the new year i'm looking forward to:
- a trip home for christmas and NYE in DC
- experiencing the city during the inauguration. not sure that i will get tickets, but i AM keeping my fingers crossed to go to the renewable energy inaugural ball ;)
- running a half marathon with Lee-Ann in the spring
- a second trip to San Fran for a geothermal conference - hopefully with more free time
- book club with the girls
- checking out more of what D.C. has to offer. next on my list is the IMAX theatre, ice skating at the mall before the winter ends, visiting the buildings museum, the newseum, and some photography exhibits.
- becoming involved with some volunteer activities
and, if i have it my way, i'd also like to:
- travel to northern france to see their geothermal demonstration site (this was promised to me a few months back, but we'll see if it materializes)
- visit my brother during his study abroad in england
- visit shelly in texas
- do a work rotation in colorado?
it's an optimistic list but it fits my mood at the moment. more posts and pictures are coming soon. i hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season! merry christmas!!