Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Into the Routine

I start work tomorrow.  Woohoo!  I'm actually temping with a consulting firm that supports the DOE Geothermal team until my clearances go through, but I'll be in the same office, earning the same pay (with full benefits) so it's fine.  More than fine, I am ecstatic.  I've had a rough time this week trying to remain content with not going to work.  It's not that there aren't plenty of things to do here in the city, it's just that I've been off for about two months.  I am ready to start DOING something with myself.  

I found a new art class here in the city that runs for seven weeks every Wednesday night for only five dollars, total, for everything.  Check out ArtSpace on my links.  They've got everything from pottery to photography to drawing, and all the instructors are experienced yet kind enough to donate their time.  The program isn't offering watercolors, which I just got into last year, so I'm taking drawing.  I always wanted to take drawing.  We're using charcoals, which somehow I wasn't expecting.  I managed to leave with an entire arm covered in black, and only minor black smudges on my nose and upper lip.  It's pretty clear that I wasn't born with a natural talent for charcoals but I'm hoping to see gradual improvements from week to week.  If nothing else, it's a great way to unwind and put the rest of my thoughts aside for a few hours.  

That's all for now.  I actually have to get up early tomorrow morning :)  


3 comments:

  1. Hey! How was the first day at work. Have you found the solution to America's energy crisis yet? We are waiting eagerly ;).
    Good luck in your career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your first day went well. glad you are enjoying DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your first day went well. glad you are enjoying DC.

    ReplyDelete