Wednesday, September 3, 2008

to be employed.. whew!

I just heard from my supervisor for the first time in about two weeks.  I have not received the official offer letter yet (yikes!), so I was seriously worried about the fate of my career with the government, and even put off making a big mattress purchase until I knew I'd be receiving a paycheck...  

Anyways, my boss said that I do indeed have a job (whew!) and that my official transcripts got lost somewhere, but they are doing everything they can to get me in as soon as possible.  Since I told her I had already moved into my apartment in DC, I may even be able to be hired through a temp agency before my clearances go through, so that I can get in and start working.  It's not that I don't mind the time off, but after this week I'll have most of my 'business' taken care of, and it's not cheap to live here in DC.  

I'm excited to start my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment