Friday, September 5, 2008

Here comes Hannah

Instead of spending my first Saturday searching for yummy local produce at Eastern Market, I'll be cooped up indoors for my first tropical storm!!  Tropical Storm Hannah is nearing hurricane strength but is expected to make landfall further south around Charleston, SC.  We're under a Tropical Storm Warning here in Washington, DC.  

In preparation for the big event (and to give me something productive to do) I checked the batteries in my flashlights and went to the grocery store to buy some big jugs of spring water. My housemates and I are planning to stay indoors, watch college football, and play some of the new games I brought to the house.  The last roommate (Charlie) left enough canned tuna to feed a family of six for two weeks - so I'm sure we'll be fine.  

Those of you who know me well should not be surprised that my first weekend spent living right near the East Coast would bring a major weather system upon me! However, I'd much rather deal with a lot of rain and wind than an unanticipated thunderstorm with the potential to bring hail and tornados.  

No comments:

Post a Comment